However, amongst the fails, there was one recipe that worked out beautifully - spiced chai latte cupcakes...
Inspired by a serving suggestion on a box of Drink Me Spiced Chai Latte mix, this super sweet creation is super easy to make.
55g softened butter
55g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp Drink Me Spiced Chai Latte mix
1-2 tbsp. milk
- heat the oven to 180˚C / 350 F and line a cupcake tin with paper liners
- cream the butter and sugar until pale, beat in the egg and add vanilla
- fold in the flour and chai mix and add a little milk until the mix is a consistency where it drops easily from a spoon
- spoon the mix into cupcake cases until they are half full
- bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (until golden brown and a skewer inserted in to a cake comes out clean). Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and set on to a wire rack
1tbsp Drink Me Spiced Chai Latte mix
2tbsp Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting (or alternatively make your own using this recipe)
Simply mix together until fully combined and ice the cakes generously!
This recipe makes between six and eight cakes (depending on the size of your cupcake tin) and you can simply double (or triple, or quadruple!) the amounts if you want to make a bigger batch.
The cupcake recipe was adapted from this recipe for vanilla cupcakes, which includes great technique tips if you are new to baking.