header

8 August 2013

KERB


KERB is all about making great food accessible to all - Making Cities Taste Better.
 
This is an idea I am definitely on board with, but with most of its markets on a week day and miles from my office, I had never got in on the act. That is until KERBSaturdays last weekend....
 
 


Set against the fantastic backdrop of the new Central Saint Martin's campus in King's Cross (watch this space, this area is going to be amazing in a few years), and with a great collection of fantastic traders, KERB was well worth the wait.



The skyline is a reminder how literally this area is emerging after years of being somewhere you avoided unless you were getting the train!



main course: Bleeker St. Burger - a straight up New York Burger, rare and in my case with blue cheese - basically awesome.


 
 
dessert: You Doughnut - delicious, fresh doughnut bites, smothered in salted caramel sauce (ingeniously warmed in a bottle warmer!), cinnamon sugar and pecans - there are no words.
 
(we also tucked away a popsicle from Ice Kitchen, which was so good I didn't actually take any pictures).
 

KERBSaturdays will be back on Saturday 7 September.
 
Until then, you can catch KERB every Thursday at the Gherkin, Tuesday to Friday at King's Cross and once a month (in term time) at UCLU.
 
I know I always ask, but have you started exploring your home turf yet?




2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! how fun!!! that second picture with the boats, amazing! i would love to be sitting there right now. wow! that's amazing! i wanna go! i wanna go! :)

    xoxo, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thank you so much for linking up to the Friend Connect Blog Hop. I had a blast co-hosting this event. I would love it if we could keep in touch with each other and follow each other. I'm following you via GFC.
    -Tranae
    www.becomingfab.com

    ps... that burger looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete