header

15 November 2013

Aston's Eyot

 
Last Sunday morning my Mum and I headed down to Aston's Eyot in Oxford to try and exhaust Flora, my parent's cocker spaniel puppy.
 
Aston's Eyot is a beautiful, rural spot, right in the middle of the city. It is such a unique spot, I can't believe I hadn't explored this amazing place before! It is one of those places that makes Oxford special, but is totally off the tourist trail. Oh ,and it is crazy photogenic!
 
Owned by Christ College, and supported by Friend's of Aston's Eyot, this beautiful place used to be a rubbish dump! These days, it is a beautiful wild meadow with tracks weaving through that ideal for a quiet stroll, walking an energetic puppy (hi Flora!) and trail running (it was super muddy and made me wish I had my trainers with me - there is nothing more satisfying than getting muddy legs!).
 


^^ checking out the rowers from the river bank ^^

 


 


 

 
 
^^ Flora ^^
 
Check out my other posts about Oxford here.
 


3 comments:

  1. What a stunning place for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful place to go walking! Great photos :D

    ReplyDelete