header

20 May 2014

The adidas 26rs

 
We Own the Night has been and gone for this year, and with it my Monday night training runs, leaving a bit of a void to fill! Before I started training with Nike I had never run in a group before, and it turned out I loved it! So, keen to keep up the more social aspect of running, I headed off to check out the adidas 26rs...
 


A brand new running club, inspired by the London Marathon, the adidas 26rs can be found in the basement of the London Marathon Store at Bishopsgate, and my what a basement it is! Impressively cool and with all the facilities a runner could dream of (showers! lockers!), as well as the offer of Boost trainers to try out if you 'forget' your P.E. kit - it is the perfect base.


Whether you ran out of the womb or you have barely run a mile, the 26rs will take you in, and what's even better, it wont charge you a penny. Yep, all these beautiful facilities are free for the taking! With runs nearly every day of the week, both at 'runchtime' and in the evening, as well as longer runs at the weekend, there really is something for everyone, and the location is perfect for taking in the sights of London.

When I arrived for my run on Monday night it was tipping it down with rain, not the best start, but the running Gods were looking down on us and the clouds parted as we stepped out the door - I love it when that happens! Trotting off we headed up through Shoreditch and through Haggerston to the Regent's Canal, a part of London that (to my shame) I am not very familiar with. It was lovely running along the canal, dodging cyclists and chatting away, treating the whole thing as a pleasant recovery run after Saturday's race.

In total we ran around 5k at a pretty conservative pace of around 6.17min/k with the pack (all six of us!) sticking together the whole way, which ( always think is nice (I hate the idea of people being left behind!). The club had such a friendly laid back atmosphere, which, coupled with the great facilities and fantastic location, makes it just perfect for me! I will be back!
 

 
The details -
 
when...
 
Monday 1pm and 6.30pm (5k)
 
Wednesday 1pm and 6.30pm (beginners 5k)
 
Thursday 6.30pm (10k)
 
Friday 1pm (5k)
 
Weekends by announcement
 
where...
 
1-3 Norton Folgate, Bishopsgate, London E1 6DB


1 comment:

  1. Great post :) thanks for the heads up! Will check this out for sure! Been wanting a run club during the day forever as I am teaching most evenings or working! Probably see you there :) x

    ReplyDelete