header

14 September 2014

Birmingham Great Run - week seven


Honestly, this week not a lot of running has happened. I didn't take my trainers to Iceland and spent most of Saturday recovering from a 2am wakeup call (budget flights are  bittersweet), which means I've run twice this week. 3 miles on Monday and 9 miles on Sunday. 


Given that I'd barely run for a week, I was pretty excited about my 9 mile long run today! The route wiggled from Elephant and Castle, along the Thames to beautiful Battersea Park and then back, finishing at Waterloo with a smoothie at the Real Food Festival. It was such a lovely route, there is something really quite special about running by the water - I mean, when else are you going to see a giant hippo causally wallowing on a Sunday morning?


As well as hippo spotting I got to test out my new toy, a Garmin Forerunner 10! Up until now I've been using Nike+ to track my runs and it's been great, but in the last couple of months I've been getting more frustrated with how clunky the set up is. 

First run out and I am a little bit in love with the Garmin. I love that I can just glance at my wrist to see my stats, I love how easy it is to use, and I love that it's pink. It's making me feel all swoony just thinking about it. 


What I did this week - 

Monday - 3 mile run

Tuesday to Saturday - Iceland!

Sunday - 9 mile run (and yummy smoothie!)

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha! You have Garmin love too! I am toying between some new winter boots or a Garmin this month on pay day! Love the pink. I have my eye on the turquoise :)
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete