header

5 September 2014

Resolutions (part two)

Last year I wrote a list of resolutions - 12 things I wanted to do before I turned 29. The list wasn't virtuous, there was nothing about self-development or personal improvement, it was just a list of fun experiences I wanted to have....and to the most part, I have, in one way or another!

Here's how it went...


run a 10k, and don't give up running as soon as it is over - it is fair to say that I achieve this one, in fact running has become a bigger part of my life that I would have ever dreamed possible a year ago!

go gin tasting - didn't get around to this one, and I cannot fathom why, I mean gin tasting! Anyone want to come gin tasting with me to get this one ticked off asap?!


have afternoon tea at The Ampersand Hotel - I can confidently tell you that the afternoon tea at The Ampersand Hotel is brilliant, highly recommended!



complete The Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk through the Royal Parks - this is one that I kept thinking about but there was never a good weekend to do it. It would make a great marathon training route though, so I am sure I will get there at some point!

use my sewing machine - this ain't ever going to happen, I've had the thing for about three years and have never used it. It is possibly time to admit that I am just not crafty.

visit Little Venice - nope, which is a shame as I hear it is very pretty.


visit the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - the National Lottery Anniversary Run was a great way to see the park, and I am looking forward to running there again soon! 


try to find the mews where my Great Grandfather was born - this is another one that I've thought about but where there just wasn't an opportune moment to explore the idea further.

visit more of London's museums - sort of, I went to the V and A recently, there was good cake!


take a trip with my Mum - Amsterdam was pretty lovely. 


take more walks along the Thames path - not many walks, but lots of runs!


read an autobiography/biography each month - while I've not totted it up, I am pretty confident about this one. My book review column for So Let's Go Running has definitely helped!

So I didn't do everything on the list, but I did do rather a lot of it - often without even trying - which is a sign of a pretty great year!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the 'run a 10k and don't stop running' one - that is my intention entirely with my upcoming race in October! I have run races before, including a half but that was 4 or 5 years ago now and I have been a bit sporadic with running ever since! But I have always comes back to it and now I do feel I have re-ignited the running bug in me. I am thinking the best way to keep giong will be to book in another 10K after this one... :)
    Anyway, great post, I love resolution setting.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete