header

8 January 2015

What I Ate - Move, Nourish, Believe

I'm not always great at eating well. When I'm tired or busy food is the first area I neglect and things slip quickly - before I know it I'm reaching for convenience food that's full of nasty stuff. What's worse is this food doesn't make me feel good, so I get more tired and run down, it's a vicious cycle. 

2015 is going to be a busy year and I don't want what I eat to undermine me. One of my intentions this year is to make the concept of nourishment central to my food choices. Seeing as I was inspired by Lorna Jane Clarkson to embrace nourishing foods I figured trying out a few recipes from Move, Nourish, Believe would be a good place to start! So this is what we've been eating for dinner this week...


I loved this recipe. I'd never have thought of coating chicken with pistachio crumb, but it worked really well! There is one modification that I'll make in the future, the recipe has you cooking the sprouts and then the chicken, I'd do them together and serve the lot hot!


Baked eggs are one of my favourite comfort foods. I just love them. This recipe worked really well, but the portion size was more lunch than dinner, so next time I'd increase the amount of spinach and add some other veggies. I'd also pop the eggs in the over rather than under the grill - they just cook a little quicker that way.



Nourishment bowls are such a great concept, and I figured that a bowl packed with goodness would be a great way to recover from the excess of New Year's Eve! The exact variation I used was shared in the Move, Nourish, Believe 2015 diary and it was ginormous! This is one that could be prepped well in advance and would make a great lunch option. 



Chickpea salad was such a quick and easy dinner to put together. The recipe is a little vague around the seasoning, but my reckoning on 1tsp of cumin worked out ok. For an extra protein hit I served this salad with sumac seasoned chicken.

1 comment:

  1. All these recipes look fantastic. I'm a massive fan of Lorna Jane and her concept. I took part in the MNB challenge a while back so I already knew about the website but have never gotten round to making any of the recipes as I'm quite hopeless with cooking. You've inspired me to take another look and maybe try one of the recipes! :)

    Laura | laurafat2fit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete