header

3 February 2015

Paris Marathon Training - week eight

Week eight of marathon training will be remembered as the week I was beaten up by a terrible head cold and ran the equivalent of a half marathon while hungover. 

It was a doozy.


^^ all ready to go at Barretoned ^^

On Monday I felt like death so went to bed early. No working out for me. Tuesday morning I had perked up just enough to head over to Barretoned for a killer workout with the team from Helly Hansen. I loved the class, it left my muscles quacking and I was definitely still aching a couple of days later! 


My trip to Barretoned was also a great excuse to check out Helly Hansen's new training collection. It's fair to say I'm a massive fan, the collection brings together technical fabrics with stylish design and having spent this week testing some of the key pieces I can tell you it really stands up! I'll definitely be investing in more of this gear!

Wednesday saw another great run with the crew at Lululemon. It was the perfect weather for a run by the weather - cool, crisp and clear. In London on a Wednesday evening and in need of a run? Come and join us at Lululemon Covent Garden, 6.15pm for a 6.30 start!


Thursday saw me being dispatched to the frozen north (well, Stockport, where there was snow) for work. By the time I got home there was no time to run, but I did manage to fit in this yoga routine (thanks again to Kiera for the tip!).


^^ seen on my long run...^^

Over the last few weeks I've become increasingly fonder of the treadmill. I used to be pretty dismissive of the idea of running in the gym, preferring to be outside, but times have changed. It could be that it's really cold out, it could be that there's a treadmill within 20 meters of my desk, or it could be the built in TVs. Whatever it is hopping on a treadmill helped me cover seven miles in 50 minutes on Friday evening - a very economical way to fit my training in.


Saturday night was one of my best friend's birthday's which called for some serious celebration. An afternoon spent grazing on tapas and wine, followed by prosecco in the pub probably wasn't the best way to prep for a long run, but it was a lot of fun (and I'm pretty sure some late night rice pudding took the edge off the worst of the booze!), and actually my run the next day wasn't too bad - in fact it was pretty great! You can read more about Sunday's London Winter Run antics here


Miles run to Paris - 147




No comments:

Post a Comment